Saturday, December 4, 2010

Tastebook

I have recently discovered a cool website - Tastebook.com - where you can enter your recipes to (basically) make your own cookbook.

I have a LOT of recipes I've torn from magazines, ones I've written down from friends, and ones I've printed off the net.  My skinny manilla folder is overflowing!  When we moved I had to rubberband it just so the stuff wouldn't fall out...it's really that bad.  Quite a few of the recipes are ones that I printed off Weight Watchers a number of years ago (actually in 2001) that I want to try but haven't yet - and just can't seem to toss them.

I honestly don't know how I found this website...maybe it was a typo or it popped up from another site I was on.  Who knows.  But, I have decided that since I have so much free time now (ha!) I am going to get all my grandma's recipes - she was an AMAZING cook - and make a cookbook so all us grandkids can have copies of her recipes.  I know my aunt is doing the same with my other grandma's recipes (I hope she adds her Pumpkin Bar recipe AND the recipe for the jello and cottage cheese salad - it's really good).  Ah...brings back childhood memories.

1 comment:

  1. Ok, so I think I might just have to comment on everything.


    I just checked out Tastebook and it's awesome! I too have tons of recipes 'floating' around the house. What a great way to get them all together into one place. I might just have to share this one on my blog too.

    ReplyDelete